Thursday, April 23, 2009

When I missed my…

People miss their train, they miss bus, they forget their things in Auto. But me.. I am a legend. You know what, people like me will always do outstanding things. I missed my flight. How.. This is actually very embarrassing time in my life. Everyone was laughing at me, some people were angry at me. I still don’t know why and how it happened. How could I? So many how's were there.

Let me try putting it in words for you. One fine day or evening I think, I planned with few friends to visit Washington DC. So I booked my flight till New York and from there bus tour for DC. As usual after researching for lowest rate and time etc. Everything was perfect and planned. And grrrrr.. I still don’t know from where it went into my thick head, that my flight is at 8 PM.(Flight was at 7 pm) . I had asked Jiten to drop me to airport. At 6 he called, and we decided we will start at 6:30. I just opened my laptop to confirm flight, and I was shocked..I have no word what I felt after that. Suddenly I realized it’s at 7 pm. I took my bags, called Jiten. I bet he never drove that fast in life. But it was too late, flight was gone, and that was the last flight on that day. So no hopes were left. I had ruined all the plans with my one mistake. From airport, we went out for dinner. I was in so bad mood, was not even able to eat. I had lost almost all senses I think. Not sure, what I was doing or talking. It was sleepless night for me. Next 2 days were very painful. Everyone who knew, I was going to travel, was surprised and maybe was laughing at me. How could she? She is a big fool. Some were angry at me as I flushed their plans too and I know some still are.

Later, I tried to convince myself with saying things like, this happened for good and all logic. But I am myself not yet convinced. This incident kind of took off my confidence. Till date, I am afraid of booking any flight or make any plans. Always this fear inside me will tell me; something wrong will happen if I travel. म्हणतात ना दुधानी तोंड पोळलं की माणूस ताकही फुंकून पितो, माझं थोड़ं तसं झालंय .. Before that, I was responsible and matured person as per lot of people. But I proved myself as irresponsible and a fool in front of everyone.

I can never forget how this one flight took so many things away from me. Things I had gained in past few years. And will never forgive myself for doing this. Well, it was just one hour difference. And I never had any intention to do so. And still things were ruined.

With time, these memories are kind of going away now and I am moving ahead. My friends truly helped me to get my lost confidence back. Now, everyone asks me to forward my flight itinerary and I get at least 7-8 calls to remind me flight time. :) I believe that’s one treasure I have and can never afford to lose it, even if I am gonna miss 100 flights like this.

I am planning for new travels now. Surely there will be new adventures; some new stupidity of mine will be there. And do you all remember Jab We Met. अगर करीना याने के गीत ट्रेन miss नही करती, तो क्या पिक्चर आगे बनती . नहीं ना :)
Then maybe I missed my flight to start with my movie :) what say!!!!

3 comments:

Punty d devil..;) said...

Par kareena ki train miss hone se use shahid mila tha..tujhe kya mila bd..tune bataya nahi k tujhe airport pe kaun mila tha jab teri flight miss hui thi..thats still a suspense haan...bolo bolo tell tell..;))

Bhagya$hree said...

Yaar. shahid milta to kya blog likhti rehti kya main.. pata nahi kab milega.. :)

Unknown said...

Dont worry, Probably you might have another very good time to visit Washington. But let me tell you one thing.. we shud try to learn from something which goes bad in our life..

May be thru this incident, you might learn to double chek ur calendars ...

Never loose anything bcos of this incident.. i see this as an oppurtunity for you... to become much more Matured and Responsible...

Also tell me how many people are accepting that they did a mistake of overlook of flight timing.. that itself is a great maturity..believe me.. i have seen lot of people hiding the reason...

Bravo Bhagyashree... :)